Thursday, March 12, 2009

Random Thoughts Thursday

We are going to St. George this weekend. We are all excited, but Abbie most of all. We had planned on keeping it a secret because the two-year-old concept of time would require explanations every ten minutes on exactly when we are leaving, why it isn't now, and when we are leaving again. My sister didn't know of the "secret" so she excitedly told Abbie about our trip. Now Abbie is walking around the house saying, "I'm going to Curious George, no I'm going to Steak George!"


This morning we had a drywall repairman coming to our house. Shortly after we moved in, our hot water heater leaked and ruined some dry wall in our ceiling. Russ repaired it, but having never done it before you could see the seam where the work had been done. We knew that if -- assuming that the housing market returns from the dead (in the good kind of way not the scary zombie undead kind of way) -- we would need to get it repaired properly in order to sell. The problem...I completely forgot he was coming. Thankfully no embarrassing moments occurred. I'm only holed up in the computer room trying to forget all of the errands I meant to run this morning. I am however very grateful to get it fixed! (Thanks Alex for the hook ups!)

If you love Pride and Prejudice you'll get a kick out of this. I don't know who thought of it but it makes me laugh. A lot.

As you well know I've whined a lot about my sleep deprived state with Savannah waking up at night. Things are slowly improving, and as I'm emerging from the fog I'm realizing that I really have not been the most pleasant person a lot of the time. (You know how much I've whined online you can only imagine what Russ has had to put up with.) Russ has not only dealt with whining/complaining/grumpiness without complaining, but also stepped up let me sleep in many mornings while he gets up with the girls, made sure that I get some time to myself and been all in all wonderful. So this is just to say thanks to him.
( I love this retro look!)

4 comments:

Allison said...

You're better than us - I don't think we'll ever actually pay anybody to repair the visible drywall seam. But ours is really only noticable if you know where to look.

Have fun in St. George! I'm so jealous!

peter said...

Have fun in St. George and I'm glad that Abby is starting to give you some well-needed relief. I think the no-sleep thing is a ploy. They don't want to have younger siblings and the longer they keep us sleep deprived, the less a chance there is of that happening. :)
Kristy

delagray said...

I love the picture of Russ and the girls. Priceless. I'm thinking you have a poet on your hands, but I agree, new letters are needed. Also love her imagination.

The Woolf Pack said...

We had a ton of fun! We should do that more often. Hopefully Abbie thought her trip to Steak George was worth the drive.