On my friend Mona's blog she said that potty training has been the single most difficult aspect of parenting so far. I feel that way about getting my kids to sleep at night. It has been over a year -- including the pregnancy night wakings - of not getting 8 hours of sleep. Ever. Not even once. Not only that Savannah will wake up once for a few nights, digress down to two times and last night she woke up four times. Then she will wake up at 6:30 and be ready for her day. I feel like I have tried everything and am completely helpless, and hopeless for that matter. And exhausted. I've been told by several doctors to just ignore all crying and stop night feeding her cold turkey. I'm almost to where I could do it...
Yesterday I we were driving home from the zoo and Abbie told me ."Mommy I peed on the floor."
"What?"
" I peed on the floor."
"In the car?"
"No at home."
I had not noticed or smelled anything.
"When?"
"When I was watching T.V."
"Did you pee in your pants?"
"No, on the floor."
"Did you pull your pants down and pee on the floor?"
"No I just peed on the floor."
"On the tile?" (Hopefully)
"No, on the carpet"
Later I asked her to show me where this was. She pointed "All over everywhere."
"I couldn't see or smell any evidence of this and am still confused.
I just finished reading The Gurnsey Literary and Potato Peel Society.I absolutely loved it. Loved it. I don't feel like I could adequately summarize the plot but if you go here, Amazon does a nice job. Please read it, then call me, I need to talk to someone about it. Please. I will beg.
Finally a day of beautiful weather. And Savannah is actually napping for more than an hour. I swear she is trying to make me crazy.
5 comments:
No mother deserves lack of sleep. I am soooooo sorry. Maybe you should go to a hotel for a night, WITHOUT the kids. Heck Maybe even for a month. That sounds good to me. Good luck!
I am sorry for the sleep thing, that stinks. I wish I had good advice, but I don't. My kids slept in my bed forever. Worked for us, but it's definitely not for everyone.
Hope you found the pee spot. Don't you love potty training?
As for the book, the book club I am in is reading that this month, so I will let you know what I think once I am done.
That story about Abbie was hilarious! I wonder if she was remembering something that happened last week or something.
One day your kids will sleep the whole night through, and when you wake up in the morning, instead of feeling refreshed, you'll panic because no one cried all night long. I guarantee it. As mothers we just can't win.
I will read it and let you know when I am done. I am always looking for a good read. Have you read 1000 white women? I would love to hear your take on that one (it made me think a little bit of These is my words).
Anyways, on the parenting note, you're lack of sleep terrifies me. I am so sorry and I hope it gets better soon.
I am glad that you are going on a cruise in the next few months. You are going to love it-- not to mention-- you sound like you need it.:)
Post a Comment