We let Abbie hike by herself on a mile and a half trail and she did amazing. She walked a little over 3/4 a mile. Of course this was at two year old pace which includes stopping every 50 feet to pick up rocks and dump sand in her shoes.
After discarding her newly formed rock collection she solicited her dad to carry her the rest of the way.After the hike we met up with Russ's sister Jen and her family to go over to the sand dunes. Large plots of soft sand are pretty much heaven to children, especially when they have a dad and an uncle willing to dig deep holes and bury them up to their necks.
Savannah loved the sand dunes as well. I spent the first hour keeping her distracted with food, but it didn't take long for her to crawl over and get herself completely covered in sand. She started giggling and cooing like she had won the golden ticket. Abbie made a new best friend in her cousin Dakota and even named her baby after him (Don't worry Lexi it is a different baby.) Abbie thought Dakota was the next big thing and followed him like a true fan.
Let me interject to say that part of what made this trip so great is that Savannah was an angel, despite how zoned she looked most of the time! She didn't get any naps Saturday and instead of being a grouchy crying mess, she laughed and smiled and played very well.
After the sand we took the kids swimming at a local rec center. They had a ball. Especially Savannah who hadn't been swimming much before.
Sunday we just hung around, went to church and drove home. (Not as successful as the drive there but still nice.) I am now missing the warm warm weather.
5 comments:
I'm so jealous! Looks like you had a great time. And yay for Savannah being so good! Isn't it pathetic how kids can make or break a trip?
I really want to go to Snow Canyon. It is one of my favorite places to go from my childhood. I love the sand down there. Glad to know that you have a wonderful time and kudos to Savannah for being so good! Hope you get your pack-n-play back really soon.
Looks like lots of fun. I'm so glad Savannah cooperated. Maybe you need to go to St. George more often!
We had a blast. Dakota will be happy to know that a baby has been named after him, he wanted me to change his name about a month ago to one of his friends names, so maybe this will help.
I promise I am sending the pictures we took of Abbie in the sand.
HOw fun! Glad that you have a chance for weekend getaways! And, jealous that your daughter is crawling! Carter will sit. That is it. Sit. Now that he is 20 plus pounds, I am sick of carrying him everywhere.
Post a Comment