Does it seem like to anyone else that the last few weeks of pregnancy last longer than the whole nine months? I realize that once the baby comes I will be even more sleep deprived and crave these days that although I'm awake for hours at night seeking to find a comfortable position - at least I get to lie in bed and do nothing. I realize that the relative discomfort I'm facing now with the almost 100 degree temperatures, constant pressure and large cumbersome belly, are nothing compared to labor, starting nursing, or recovery. That all said I am SO ready for this baby to come. Not only do I have the joyous excitement of welcoming a new member into our family, anticipation to see Abbie greet her new sister, and becoming a mommy all over again - I am sick of waiting.
It seems like during the last month or so every minor contraction or change brings to mind the question, " Is this it?" "Could this actually be something that will start labor?" For days, weeks, this has been going on in my brain. At night I wonder, "Will tonight be the night?" I hear and know of children that come early - will this one....please.....please? (It is looking like no.) I hear of women who go to their doctor's visits and are told they are in labor go to the hospital now. This is my not so secret prayer with every doctor's visit. It is enough to make a sane person crazy - so for someone with my mental state we are talking serious problems here.
Thank you all who have listened to my rant. It shows incredible patience, bordum or (for some) the ability to commiserate on some level with this insane waiting game.
8 comments:
I think your second pregnancy seems to last twice as long too. You've already got a kid to take of and wake you up in the middle of the night and it is just not as exciting as the first time around. I feel for you, friend.
I have been there, and it does seem to go on forever. But at least with Mackenzie the labor process went so much fater than with Dakota so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Good Luck! Find somewhere cold to relax.
I hate that last few weeks. I was induced a week early with Sheldon because of weight loss, Allie came 3 weeks early. And with Ethan it was 10 days because of weight loss again. I'm so sorry that you are at that point, but try to remember that it is worth the wait! :)
I still remember the invasive "titty twister" you gave me at Citrus Grill when I questioned why nursing hurt so bad. All I can say is...bad karma. :)
Good luck. And yes, I think the word "blog" is lame. But it is fun to catch up with people's lives.
-Kirk Hughs
Amen, sister. Amen. My kids come early and it STILL drives me insane. Hang in there- any day now you or Russ will be posting the new baby pix on your blog.Can't wait!
Dearest Emily-- I have been thinking that it is only these last few weeks of pregnancy that drive women to insanity that they would do ANYTHING to go into labor. Would anyone in their right mind drink castor oil? If I find anymore "tricks" of going into labor, I will first try them myself, then tell you. :) Hang in there!
Emily,
I hear ya with the waiting game bit, I remember Owen was almost 2 weeks late and I was so sure he was coming early, hang in there though, the end is in sight and you know you're getting much more rest now than you will in a few days! Good luck with your delivery!
Like Jen said, at least the labor part tends to go a lot faster. If it makes you feel any better, I can't believe you're far enough along to even be talking about delivering--your pregnancy has flown by for me!! (Comforting, I know).
Post a Comment