Savannah Gray was born Monday, July 14 2008 at 3:51 p.m and she is the spitting image of her sister. I was induced about 11:00 in the morning and things progressed quite normally until just before 3:00. At three they came into give me an epidural, which was perfect because things were starting to get quite painful.

Unfortunately, two epidurals , one almost passing out, six more centimeters and one hour later - Savannah was ready and the epidurals weren't doing their jobs. Thankfully she came out pretty fast and she is now the latest joy in our lives. (For the record - any of you who have chosen to not get an epidural and want that pain are -in my mind - completely nuts.) Despite the crazy labor both myself and Savannah are doing wonderfully well and glad to be home with our family.
Russ giving Savannah her first bath!

Abbie thinks she is a "cute baby" and loves

to look at her fingers and toes for about 10 seconds - after which she is off playing with more engaging toys.
This is the only pictures of the Gray girls where I don't have my eyes half closed or am looking wall-eyed (hey I'd just given birth!). Sorry it isn't better!
10 comments:
Thank you for being so quick about updating your blog. I am amazed. I can't believe how much she looks like Abbie. She is beautiful. Russ said she was posterior. Wasn't Abbie, too. You probably remember that he was, too. I don't know if he told you but he weighed 7 lb 6 oz when he was born, also. Congratulations!!!
Well, leave it to the epidural to at least speed things up a bit even if it doesn't work like you want. I'm so happy to see a picture so soon. She's adorable! You've now left the "one child" world. I found the transition to two much easier than my first. Hopefully you do, too. I can't wait to see her in person. Get yourself lots of rest, girl.
Congratulations! She's such a beautiful baby girl. Time flies, it seems like you were just going through the new baby phase with Abbie! Get some rest, and enjoy this crazy time.
She is so cute! Congrats! She is just a touch bigger than Ethan when he was born! I"m glad you guys are doing well!
She is so cute! Congrats!
She is adorable! I must say that I am really impressed that you had this on your blog so fast! Congratulations to you and your little family. Please call me when you need a break and I can take Abby.
Beautiful baby! Those Epi. are crazy, especially with being induced. Good Job getting her here!
Congratulations you two. Glad to see Russ bathing little Savannah already. Next time you should have a boy!
congrats Gray Family on your beautiful addition. I hope everything is going well, and you guys are adjusting to 2 kids, it's worth it isn't? We love girls:)
Abbie is probably having alot of fun with her sister. Take care
call if you need anything! Abby
Congrats! It's Jamie Schipaanboord. I found your blog linked on the Fida's. Anyway, your daughters are beautiful! Feel free to peruse our website any time: schipfam.blogspot.com Take care.
Post a Comment