Friday, June 6, 2008

Nice People in the World

I am so grateful for two nice old red neck men. Today I was driving on the freeway when a large truck started flagging me to pull over. I wasn't too worried about the 50 somethings in the truck but more confused than anything. I pulled over, made sure my doors were locked, grabbed my cell phone and rolled down the window a little bit. The two guys, in hunting tee-shirts told me I had a flat and they would fix it for me. They seemed harmless and when I got out to look, indeed my rear tire was almost gone.

There is only a slight possibility I could have figured out how to change the flat on my own, but about zero at eight months pregnant. The did it in 15 minutes and I was on my way. From the looks of the old tire I was minutes away from blowing it - I hadn't heard a thing.

As much fun as it is to spend money unexpectedly on tires, drive 40 mph on the freeway for 180 blocks on my spare, and waste my morning it is much better than blowing a tire, or trying to change it myself or having all this happen with a newborn. All in all I'm very grateful.

It is nice to know there are good people in the world.

3 comments:

The Woolf Pack said...

How scary. I always have a fear of blowing a tire on the freeway. It is nice to know there are plenty of people out there who are looking out for the rest of us. Kudos to them for helping you out!!

Allison said...

I guess this is just another example of how you can't judge by appearances! That was awesome of them to flag you down and let you know! Chris always tells me that you can tell when a tire is flat, but I guess this just goes to show that's not always the case - great, one more thing for me to freak out about when I'm driving!

Brooke said...

Wow, how lucky! I'm glad you're all safe!