So I'm slowly getting the hang of blogging, which for me this week means getting around to it. I don't have any pictures of our misadventures of the week - but hopefully we're getting them up soon. The reason I don't have any pictures is that currently I am watching my students take their final and don't have our camera with me.
This week has been more than slightly crazy. It started with me feeling deathly ill on Monday. By Monday night I was okay but Russ was still managing everything. In the process Abbie was doing her normal nightime routine - sitting on the sink, brushing her teeth. Russ turned (but was still behind her) and she found the one spot to lean back where Russ wasn't and fell. She seemed okay that night so we put her to bed. Tuesday, I noticed that she was favoring her arm - so we took her in to the doctor. But unfortunately I was still not at peak performance and told the doctor to look at the wrong arm.
Later I reallized my error we went back to the night clinic only to meet with the one doctor I dislike at the office who told me I was paranoid. The next day we spent at Primary Children's Medical Center confirming a pressure fracture in her humerus bone (upper arm.) Poor kid can't even have it splinted and has to walk around in a sling.
We came home thinking our adventures were over when that night Abbie came down with the stomach flu - all night. Double poor kid. The next day we woke up to a broken washing machine and a huge pile of smelly laundry from Abbie's illness the night before.
So tonight I am counting my many blessing that Abbie is fine, and not seriously injured, as she is still able to dance "Ring Around the Rosies" with us and say her colors. Grateful that we are able to get a new washing machine, and grateful for all of the family and friends that helped us through this chaos.
So If I've been delinquent in getting back to you all I apoligize!
2 comments:
Omgosh- that sucks. Poor girl! I hope she gets feeling better soon.
I am so excited that you guys have joined the blogging world! I'm glad things are starting to work themselves out--man, when it rains, it pours. Sorry we haven't been much help, but always know we're here for you guys if you need anything. Love ya!
Post a Comment