Friday, June 7, 2013

Seven!

Today Abbie turned seven. I can't believe how old it seems to me.

Seven things about Abbie.

1. Creativity is still pouring out of her in every possible way, from working on new ways to rearrange the couch cushions in order to build the biggest fort possible, writing a story, or drawing spiders, bugs, and other creepy-crawlers she is always creating something.

2. She loves to read. Her current obsession is with things that are real, mostly about animals. She has been reading the fact-books that accompany the Magic Treehouse Series.

3. She has been in the school choir this year. She sang her little heart out for six different concerts and actually has a pretty decent voice. (She did not get this from her mother.)

4. She still has things that worry and concern her (fire drills and tornadoes top the list) but she is learning how to work through her concerns and enjoy her life.

5. She deeply cares about the people around her and will jump to fight against inequity (or perceived inequity) whenever she sees it. She hates to see people hurting or sad.

6. She has become more daring this year. She became quite a good skier when Russ took her up this winter and is thrilled to be signed up for ice-skating lessons this summer.

7. She lives life enthusiastically and is excited about every adventure as it comes along. She loves learning new things, going new places, and having fun!

I love you Miss Abs!



2 comments:

The Woolf Pack said...

Happy Birthday to the cute Abbie! I hope she gets spoiled. I love her pose in the second picture.

Becky said...

She's so big! Seems like not too long ago we were both welcoming our sweet girls to the world and now they are 7. Happy birthday! (oh and I answered your comment on my blog finally. Your friend is MORE than welcome to email me. I get how hard the allergy junk is in the Foreign Service.)