Last weekend we drove four hours south and spent the weekend hiking, running and generally feeling warm. (In between the instacare visit.)I started making all sorts of fun plans for summer. Then we returned to snowy weather. Blast it all.
A few weeks ago I was talking to my friend about her daughter and mentioned how great it was that her daughter was willing to wear different clothes every day. (At the moment Savannah has one dress she wears almost all the time, and two other outfits that she will deign to wear when the dress is being washed.) I didn't realize it at the time, but Savannah heard me and caught my frustration. This week she cried to me about it because it hurt her feelings. Sometimes I just stink at parenthood.
Russ however, makes up for where I lack. For example, I got the girls $3 snow globes for Valentine's Day. Russ drew the following for each of them.
It is a good thing we're a team. Because I need his points.


2 comments:
Those drawings are amazing!! Is Savannah in the dress she always wears? :) Some- or many days- I stink at parenthood too.
I've had those parenting moments too, it's just a part of it. ;) Sorry about all the sickness though, I hate being sick but even more, I hate when my kids are sick.
Fantastic job on the portraits, Russ!
Post a Comment