Thursday, October 11, 2012

Random Thoughts Thursday

My son ate spaghetti, with sauce. For 90% of the world this would probably not be a big deal. But I'm taking it as a sign that he wont be a picky eater like his sisters. May I be right.

So...Night Circus is a fantastic book. Until the end. The end is lame. Not bad. Not inappropriate. Just anti-climatic and not as satisfying as the rest of the book. Bummer.

Today I've been grading papers. Is it sad that while I'm doing it I'm half hoping that most of my students don't vote. Not because of an particular views expressed, but because most of them lack the ability to write an organized thought, much less an organized paper.

That sounds harsh. I'm sorry. I'm a little burned out from it.

Last week Savannah lost some puppets she had made. She was heartbroken. Abbie's little friend Dutch (who is the sweetest boy on the planet and I would totally love to just arrange their marriage right now if I could) got very focused and said, "Savannah, I'll help you look.....where's the first place you had it?" Awesome.

Nathan had an ear infection, we got the medication on Tuesday. I could kiss the inventor of amoxicilin, he is getting me sleep again.

Sorry...gotta run.

2 comments:

Britton said...

I am pretty sure you are a closet cynic. Its in there. I can tell.

The Woolf Pack said...

You crack me up. It was great to see you guys!