![]() |
| Abbie and her friend Dutch after we cut down the bamboo in our yard |
My class was so disappointed that we didn't watch the presidential debate during class last night. I would have if the school hadn't canceled classes last week making me a week behind. And I have class on Halloween and really, really, want to cancel it to go Trick-or-Treating with my kids. So I can't skip out on two lectures.
Okay so I started this yesterday and then life got crazy and now it is Friday. Sorry.
Savannah's family prayer this morning, "Dear Heavenly Father, Please bless dad to have fun at work, bless Abbie to have fun at (her school's name and mascot) because of her new boots, and bless mom and Nathy and me to have fun on our bug hunt."
It almost made up for this incident. Savannah has been asking all week to make snickerdoodles. I've had to put her off until today. So this morning (after the bug hunt, which did turn out quite fun) we rushed out with the sole purpose being to get cream of tarter for the cookies. Just as we were leaving the store she said, "Mom I don't want to make snickerdoodles, I want to make chocolate chip cookies." We had all the ingredients for chocolate chip cookies at home. Try as I might I couldn't convince her to return to the original plan of snickerdoodles, and because I actually like chocolate chip cookies better anyway, that is what we made.
Nate the Great has a cold. And possibly an ear infection. But I wouldn't know for sure because last night was the first really bad night. And of course it is Friday.
I am reading The Night Circus. It is like the best chocolate I've ever eaten. So good and consuming but I want to take is slow because I don't want it to end too soon. Its that good.


No comments:
Post a Comment