Thursday, September 6, 2012

Random Thoughts Thursday

First days of school for everyone!

Abbie's First Day at first grade!



Savannah starts preschool!
I thought with both girls in school (Abbie in first grade, Savannah in preschool) I would have more time for myself. If anything I feel busier.

I believe heaven tastes like fresh peaches.

Abbie's artistic flare has exploded. She has been making paper dolls, with paper beds, blankets, and accessories. She's been writing, illustrating, and making books. She is always coloring, drawing, or painting. She asked if she could have the old toilet paper roll so she could color it. It's like the creativity is just searching for an outlet.

Savannah has developed a very.....specific style. She insists on wearing only dresses and doesn't want to wear leggings with them. Her solution? Wear a skirt under the dress. Not that this helps with hiding her underwear, but she is insistent. I hope her teacher understands.

On a related note, I don't know when to intervene on my daughters' clothing choices. I really don't want them to think fashion is the most important thing, but I also want them to know how to make themselves presentable. Currently we are a long way from understanding concepts like not wearing two completely unrelated patterns, what really can go with everything, and not wearing your same dress every single day despite the fact is is covered in stains. Some days I mention something. Most I don't.

I just got the Joann ad in the mail. It says September is National Sewing Month. Oh, brother.

1 comment:

Allison said...

As far as intervening goes with your daughters' clothing choices...good luck. Lexi gets it more than the other two, which, knowing her, is no surprise. I actually had to tell Vicki this summer that wearing pink and blue plaid shorts with a red t-shirt is not something most people generally think of as a good fashion choice. Ellie's favorite summer outfit (when she wasn't wearing a red dress with pink leggings) was a pair of very colorful madras-style shorts and a shirt that was covered in words and big hearts, all in many, many different colors. Really, really didn't match. At all. I thank the Lord each day for school uniforms.