Friday, September 21, 2012

Random Thoughts Thursday (Friday Edition)

I have realized that you shouldn't try to accomplish anything that requires focus when you have a six-month-old around. Mindless stuff no problem. Things that require attention, no way. Nathan isn't crawling yet (but very, very close) then I think even the mindless stuff will need to go.

I have a thing next week where I need to look nice and very professional, which I've been told by my fashion forward friends means.... heels. So I at my mid-30s went out and bought my first pair of real heels. I am completely unable to walk in them. Sadly, because I really, really, don't want to pull a Sandra Bullock at this thing and completely humiliate myself, I've been practicing. So today, as I was picking up toys around the house...I was wearing heels.My inner feminist was throwing a tantrum.  I decided that if the women in the 50's actually did wear heels while doing housework, then I'm surprised that the feminist movement wasn't more violent.

Now my legs really hurt. I really might back out of this heel option before it even gets started. Ballet flats here I come!

Last week I said that I thought I would have more time with both girls in school for at least part of the day. I feel like the problem is only getting worse. I feel like I barely have two minutes to rub together.

Sherlock Series 2 is now on Netflicks!! Now if they would just get done filming The Hobbit so they can return to making Series 3 I would be happy.

It kills me that sometimes people hire professionals who are particularly skilled in one area and then proceed to not trust any of their expertise and micro-manage them.

Savannah has been saying the most adorable prayers lately. Some of the lines included, "Bless us to have more blessings...bless dad to be safe at work for today......thank thee for the blessings and blessings...bless us to choose the right and not the wrong."

Abbie told me today that she likes school more than home. While part of me was a little sad, I am so grateful because she hated her old school and was starting to hate learning.


1 comment:

B said...

That post totally makes me smile! I love heals and wear them almost without exception every single day. Funny how we each have our own flare. :)