Thursday, January 12, 2012

Random Thoughts Thursday

All the girls in our family got haircuts yesterday. No dramatic changes, except that Abbie said she really wanted bangs. We talked about the time it takes to grow them out, how they look etc., and she was determined (not that I cared either way.) Her desire lasted until she saw the bangs in the mirror after they had been cut. I'm afraid she takes after me, because I have never, ever liked any dramatic change I have made to my hair. This morning she insisted on me pulling the bangs back in elastics. Oh well, its her hair.

I've seen this sign every day I drive to pick Abbie up from school. I have yet to figure it out.


I am rereading To Kill a Mockingbird. If you haven't read it since high school, or even college I would go so far as to say it should return to your required reading list immediately. It really is AMAZING.

I am 31 weeks pregnant. I have 58 days to go. It is much better to be pregnant through the winter than the summer. Especially when that winter has had record low snowfall.

Abbie still misses her cousins, but thankfully it is not as dramatic.

I have zero motivation to avoid snacks or chocolate at this stage in the game. I'm just going to get bigger, right? I'm sure I'll be much more motivated to eat healthily once the baby is born. I'm sure of it.

I realized that the myriad of baby blankets I own are all wrapped around pictures and breakable house decorations sitting in storage from when we packed up our home a year and a half ago. Bummer.



2 comments:

B said...

Yeah it has been since high school for me since I read to Kill a Mockingbird. I will definitely be adding that to my list.

The Woolf Pack said...

Good idea for a classic book to read again!

What do you need most? Blankets, clothes...? Since I am getting you something, it might as well be something you need. :)