Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Opposite World
In our family, no means yes.
At least for Savannah. We will ask her if she wants dinner. "No" she says as she shakes her head emphatically and runs over to her high chair straining to pull herself in. We will ask her if she wants a story. She will again say no as she grabs the book in one had, my hand with her other, and place the book in my hand.
I have tried to get her to say yes. "Say Yes, " I coach.
"Pleeeeeaaase." Although it comes out more like, "Peeeaaassss."
I don't quite understand where this misunderstanding came from. Thankfully though we know what she means, and she knows we know what she means, so the world is still a happy place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
One of my favorites is when they mess up the correct gender names. I was Uncle Brenda for a while to one of my nephews. My mom is still Grandpa to one of my other nephews. We explained and explained, but they just finally grow out of it. It makes for a great laugh though!
Remember the phrase "Yes we have no bananas." For some reason this came to mind as I read about Savannah. Both pictures of the girls are so them. Love it.
Post a Comment