Monday, December 7, 2009

Closet or Castle

This is how my closets look these days.

 
 


The first closet is supposed to contain boxes that we packed up when we re-carpeted. The second holds food storage, and the third is the floor of my linen closet.Those are the items that are supposed to be there.

The toys are not.

Abbie has commandeered these sites as her castle and her house. In reality they are the new repository for all of her toys. Believe it or not, these toys have all been meticulously placed, and any moving around or putting away is met with extreme frustration and anger on the part of the mistress of the castle.

I vacillate. Something in me loves this nook and cranny aspect of creating your own space. Something else in me screams for order and a clutter free world. For the moment you can see who is winning.

3 comments:

Allison said...

All I have to say is, one day maybe I'll be brave enough to post pictures of my closets on my blog, and then you'll see what you have to be thankful for! Okay, well, it's really just two closets that make me want to curl up in the fetal position and cry - the downstairs coat closet and the girls' closet. They are not as adorably cluttered as yours.

And one more thing: when Ellie and Abbie get together, I sense we are going to have some domination issues on our hands. Either they will try to dominate each other, or they'll gang up against us. If the second one comes to pass, Heaven help us all.

B said...

Isn't that what closets are for . . . the clutter we don't want others to see?! I lovingly call my closet under the stairs (typically known as the coat closet to most) Narnia. Walk past the coats and you never know what you will find! :)

delagray said...

I'm a "nook and cranny" person myself. Attics were my forte.