Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Halloween Prep

I had no idea what to do for Nathan's costume this year. Thankfully, my neighbor has three boys and a fetish for costumes and thrift shops, so she loaned us Nathan's costume.
 The girls will both be witches for this year's Halloween festivities. Savannah is a nice witch and Abbie is Hermione Granger. Both are pretty darn excited this year.


Monday night was pumpkin carving Family Home Evening. We grew our pumpkins this year to increase our fun. Unfortunately, home grown pumpkins haven't been genetically modified to be good for carving. The biggest, Abbie's, broke our bread knife. The new ("Now with stronger blades!") pumpkin carving knifes we bought were bent within seconds. Needless to say the project took a little longer and more patience than expected. 


Last week Russ and I were invited to a Halloween party at our friends' house. While I do have sandy blonde hair, the race issue made me avoid LaFawnduh and instead I went as Deb. Russ was the life of the party as Kip. (Your mom goes to college!)




No comments: