Sunday, November 6, 2011

Random Thoughts Sunday

My new Happy Place
It seemed  a little strange to stick with our cruise when we were in the middle of the selling of our home, but now it seems like the only thing that has made this all bearable.

I have only moved one other time in my married life. Then I had one six month old baby. For those of you who have moved often, regularly, or at all,  you are now my heroes. The fact that you are sane is a testament to your strength.

I've been told I need to post pictures of the girls on Halloween. It will happen, but at the moment the camera (with the pictures) is in one residence, while the computer and our family are at another.

Overall it has been nice and extremely helpful to spread this move out, giving us two weeks to pack and store stuff. Between Russ's work schedule and my need for a daily nap (or being exhausted by 7:00 at night) we've really been blessed. That said there have been moments when it would be nice to just pack everything all at once to go to one location and be done.

We are officially no longer homeowners. I am thrilled.

While on vacation I thought maybe I had passed my need for a daily pregnancy nap. Upon returning I realized it was because I had been sleeping 8-9 hours a night, relaxing all day, and not rushing around packing, mothering, and living.

We are supposed to have record afternoon lows for the next four days. Yippee.

3 comments:

Allison said...

I'm so happy you stuck with the cruise. You definitely needed it!

As someone who has moved five times in the last 12 years, and three of those times with children over the age of 1, let me tell you that you will survive, remain fairly sane, and look back and laugh one day. I guarantee.

And yes, please, to the Halloween pictures of the girls! :)

The Woolf Pack said...

Can't wait to hear about the cruise! I hear you about moving, it is never fun and I swear it can be worse when it's close by because you don't just pack it all up and go. If you want a break from the snow, we have an extra room wanting visitors!

Becky said...

The cruise sounds great! So glad you enjoyed it.

Where are you moving? Are you going to rent for a bit?

We're over 25 moves now and it still can make me crazy. (Though we do get better at dejunking every time.) I hope the rest of the move goes smoothly. Will be thinking of you!