Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Morning

I will have to say that the highlight of my Christmas was Christmas Eve. We spend Christmas Eve with my family and spend the day skiing. As you locals will know the week before Christmas Eve was one snowy day after another and Christmas Even dawned, cloudy but no snow. Thankfully the clouds were limited to the city and the canyons were bright blue and fresh powder. The perfect conditions combined with the fact that most people are doing last minute Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve rather than skiing, meant that the longest I waited in line was five minutes.  To top it off Savannah stayed home with Grandma to "help" in making a wonderful Christmas Eve Dinner and Abbie was in a combination ski school/preschool class all day, leaving me to enjoy the mountain with Russ.

We did swing by and check on Abbie every few runs and I was impressed with her. She was laughing every time - quite an accomplishment when you fall almost every time you move. And on the very beginner incline (not yet a hill), she was able to go down by herself without falling. She still needed help in the actual hill but she had a blast and a four that is what matters.

Christmas Eve night was an incredible dinner, and time with family. Thankfully Santa wrapped our gifts earlier in the week so we were able to hit the sack early that night too. Which was a good thing because the girls, despite their sleep deprivation were up at 6:45 Christmas morning! Unfortunately I don't have any still shots of the morning and the video is too long but let me just say, they were pleased with their haul.

From there we rushed over to my parents to talk to my brother on his mission, and then rushed back home. The girls were allowed one gift that they could take to grandma's house to show people Savannah's choice - Little Mermaid Chapstick. If Santa had know she could be that easily pleased he would have saved a few bucks this year.

Unfortunately, that is when disaster struck.


I was doing some minor cleaning up from the Christmas hurricane and went to put some gift cards in "The Drawer". I was going to put them with a gift card Russ had given me for my birthday for a show at Hale Center Theater. The gift card was not in the drawer. I spent the next 4-6 hours with only a few interruptions cleaning the drawer, the other drawers, the dresser, the closet, under the bed, behind the dresser, my purse, the car, and the office desk in a desperate, but futile, search for the gift card. I would like to say that I am big enough to recognize that there are real problems in the world, that frankly I have more serious issues I'm concerned about, that in the big picture this matters not a bit. But sadly, it just really ticks me off.

Other than that Christmas was awesome!

1 comment:

B said...

That is a tragedy. It is so frustrating when you misplace something . . . I do it all the time.

So glad that you had a great Christmas! Hope the New Year brings much joy to your cute family!